Until further notice, all 2021 events are via remote video format. That means we can do almost everything like in an on-site classroom visit, PLUS I can show you what I’m working on right here at my desk!
Here’s a checklist to help you set up a school residency program:
1. CONTACT Marek:
Set up your tools, preview some videos, & try some pre-event activities!
2. PROGRAM OPTIONS:
All 2021 events are via virtual (video) format.
- School residencies
- Library events
- Parties (birthday & otherwise)
- Suggest a format! >>
For reference, here are some basic IN-PERSON PROGRAM OPTIONS:
- 1-day event (author visits, library/museum workshops, &c.)
- Multi-day Residency
- Teacher Training / Professional Development Workshop
- Something else to fit your schedule…?
“What can we DO in a COMICS WORKSHOP?”:
Basic approaches for classroom work in any subject…
An overview & investigation of MI theory & practice in comics education…
3. FUNDING OPTIONS:
Typical FEE STRUCTURE is:
[per diem rate] + [RT mileage x $0.50 (onsite only)]
For day trips, mileage is calculated from Henniker, NH.
Rates vary widely according to timing & budget; we’ll discuss that via email.
Marek is rostered with the following organizations, who provide grant funding for COMICS WORKSHOP programs:
- For NH SCHOOLS:
NH State Council on the Arts [grant info]
Listed on the Arts in Education & Community Arts Rosters via: CreativeGround.org
- For NH+VT SCHOOLS:
Children’s Literacy Foundation Author Visits [grant info]
- NHH Grants for LIBRARIES, COMMUNITY ORGS:
“Comics in World History & Cultures” [About “Humanities To Go” grants]
- … Other regular sources of funding include local schools, PTAs, and community organizations like historical societies, Rotary clubs, &c.
Get email updates, event invites, printables, & more! Join anytime, pay what you can…