Get email updates, event invites, printables, & more! Join anytime, pay what you can…
Here’s a checklist to help you set up a school residency program:
1. CONTACT Marek:
EMAIL MAREK to start the process …
Initial considerations include your location, participants, & possible dates. Programs typically book 6+ months ahead.
While we’re making contact, please also look over these prep activities:
2. PROGRAM OPTIONS:
Choose what kind of program you want to host, and consider options:
2020 FORMAT = Remote Video Visit (via Zoom / Skype / FacebookLIVE / &c.)
ALSO AVAILABLE whenever ONSITE VISITS commence again:
- 1-day event (author visits, library/museum workshops, &c.)
- Multi-day Residency
- Teacher Training / Professional Development Workshop
- Something else…?
3. FUNDING OPTIONS:
Typical FEE STRUCTURE is:
[per diem rate] + [RT mileage x $0.50 (onsite only)]
For day trips, mileage is calculated from Henniker, NH.
Rates vary widely according to timing & budget; we’ll discuss that via email.
Marek is rostered with the following organizations, who provide grant funding for COMICS WORKSHOP programs:
- For NH SCHOOLS:
NH State Council on the Arts [grant info]
Listed on the Arts in Education & Community Arts Rosters via: CreativeGround.org
- For NH+VT SCHOOLS:
Children’s Literacy Foundation Author Visits [grant info]
- For NH NORTH COUNTRY Locations:
- NHH Grants for LIBRARIES, COMMUNITY ORGS:
“Comics in World History & Cultures” [About “Humanities To Go” grants]
- … Other regular sources of funding include local schools, PTAs, and community organizations like historical societies, Rotary clubs, &c.