READINGS & AUTHOR VISITS
A single-day visit can include any of the following activities, according to schedule & interest:
- INTRO ASSEMBLY (20-45 minutes) [12-300 students]
- Intro Marek & his current/past projects
- Marek & audience members read aloud from projected sample comics
- Introduce basic concepts, including: cartooning / comics / panels / pages / mini-comics / graphic novels / etc.
- CLASSROOM WORKSHOPS (45-90 minutes each) [12-50 students]
- Through hands-on activities, participants explore specific comics topics/techniques & create original artwork
- Participants practice peer conferences, editing, & preparing their artwork for publication/display/sharing…
- Q&A on comics / comics history / self-publishing / professional practices / etc.
- Advanced topics (based on participants’ artwork)
- Special topics in self-publishing & mini-comics distribution
- Specific curricular topics, &c. as desired
- CLOSING ASSEMBLY: Marek reads aloud from participants’ artwork, showcasing original approaches used during workshops.
- As above, with specific focus on topics, collections, styles, or locations as desired.
- CURRENT WORK: Sample pages & behind-the-scenes notes from recent projects like:
[The Civil War Diary of Freeman Colby]
[El Viaje] [latest mini-comics…]
Do you have a special theme in mind for a program? Send me an EMAIL… >>