This work is PATRON-POWERED!
Anybody can draw cartoons… Follow along at home, & you’ll be surprised at the results!
I’m building a set of HOW-TO videos for students & families to use @ home. Each episode covers a different basic cartooning / comics topic, & has a fun activity or challenge at the end…
Turn a page of blank shapes into new faces!
What are these new faces doing?
What do they think & feel about each other?
You can always draw your own shape-sheets, OR print & draw any of the following simple sample files:
- You & a friend can each print the same shape-sheet, then fill in the shapes & surprise each other with the results. (You can rotate your page any which way, too!)
- Take turns reading each other’s page back to the creator, & listen to what you notice in each other’s cartooning!
- What are your character’s names?
What are they saying?
Add labels, speech bubbles, sound effects, or anything else that happens while you’re drawing…
- Add hats, clothes, & other objects to your characters…
- Add setting details around your characters. (Where are they?)
- Try inking your shapes! Trace over your pencil lines with a black ink pen or marker to make them easier to read.
- Add color with pencils, crayons, &c.