Here’s a page of QUICK LINKS to various printable PDFs of projects I put these out for teachers & other kind-hearted (non-profit) souls to use for educational purposes. That means YES, you CAN copy and distribute them for non-commercial use, with two conditions:
- Be sure to credit www.MarekBennett.com with any use.
- Whenever possible, let me know the details of your usage — WHAT, WHERE, HOW, WHY, &c.!
- Jose’s Journey: “Painful to Remember” - One immigrant's quest to find work and dignity in the United States.
- ALGO ADENTRO / Something Inside - Far from home and family, a migrant laborer discovers the survival power of art...
- YA QUE TENGO MI LICENCIA / Now That I Have My License - Reflections on driving, by migrant laborers on Vermont dairy farms...
For printable mini-comics from the “El Viaje Mas Caro” project: REQUEST BY EMAIL >>
Coloring Freeman Colby’s “Wilderness” - How to Draw Freeman Colby #5: “Wilderness” Poster ← #4: SARAH LOW bio mini NEXT → Here’s a series of live-draws showing the creation of a FREEMAN COLBY poster based on a painting by Winslow Homer… 1. Inking First we’ll lay down a base black & white ink drawing to outline our scene: Here’s the […]
COMICS WORKSHOP MINIS:
D.C.+Virginia Sketchbook (October 2019) - 32 pages of diary comics, drawn while exploring Civil War historical sites & battlefields… A behind-the-scenes look at Rabbit’s footwork & research for Freeman Colby Vol. 3 (1864)! ORDERING INFO: Special print edition available to Patreon members: SAMPLE PAGES: The St. Albans Raid #1 - Detailing a little-known outburst of domestic terrorism in a small New England town far from the front lines of the Civil War... Bobby Draws: A Journey - How can disabled artists draw comics if, for example, they can't use their hands, move their bodies, or even describe their story ideas? Some of my students taught me how ... “Teaching Artist” Mini - Here's a mini-comic I drew in preparation for a recent panel discussion ("Getting Gigs & Making Work") at Plymouth State University... How to Create Comics - PRINTABLES: Full-size PDF (8 pages) >> | Single Sheet >> PRINTABLES: PDF (8 pages) >> GIF (1 page) >> Why Comics? - Why indeed? Presenting a few key reasons for teaching (and learning) with comics...