Videos & comics exploring the dangers of lead paint poisoning, and what YOU can do to prevent it!
A partnership between COMICS WORKSHOP & UVLSRPC.
“LEAD PAINT ALERT” VIDEOS:
“Let’s Talk About Lead…”
Introducing the “shockingly toxic stuff found all ’round our communities.”
Let’s Get #LeadFree: TEST IT!
The importance of testing your home for lead paint hazards, plus blood lead level testing to find out how lead is affecting your family.
Let’s Get #LeadFree: FIX IT!
Simple actions to minimize lead exposure, plus how to fix your lead problem once & for all with “lead abatement.”
LEAD PAINT ALERT!: Mini-Comic Booklet + Printables
Is YOUR home hiding a dangerous toxic threat?
Now featuring 2 printable formats:
- 12-page mini-comic booklet (digest half-fold)
- Stand-alone poster pages (11″x8.5″)
RESOURCES: Info on Lead & Related Health Risks
- “Healthy Homes and Lead Poisoning Prevention Program (HHLPPP)” @ NH DHHS
- NEW ENGLAND LEAD PREVENTION
(= New England Lead Coordinating Committee)
- EPA: “Protect Your Family from Lead in Your Home”
- “Lead poisoning and health” @ WHO (2019)
- “ABOUT LEAD-BASED PAINT” @ HUD
- MisLEAD: America’s Secret Epidemic ~ The movie.
- THE CONVERSATION: “Why lead is dangerous, and the damage it does”
- THE WEEDS (VOX): “There’s Lead in Your Turmeric”
PROJECT HOME: www.MarekBennett.com/lead
PROJECT ICON TILES:
VIDEO TITLE SCREENS:
Lead Paint Alert!
By Marek Bennett
Artwork (CC) September 2021 by: Marek Bennett / COMICS WORKSHOP // “Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)” // creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0
Upper Valley Lake Sunapee Regional Planning Commission
This material is based upon work supported under a grant by the Rural Utilities Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Any opinions, findings, & conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are solely the responsibility of the authors & do not necessarily represent the official views of the Rural Utilities Service. UVLSRPC is an equal opportunity employer.