NOTE: Due to forces beyond our control, the release of VOL. 3 has been delayed until January 2023. Thanks for your patience! For full updates: Join the Patreon >>
[Freeman Colby Series | Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3 | … ]
5”x7” / 534 pages / color cover / b&w interior
ON SALE DATE: TBA
PAPERBACK PRICE: $24.95
The continuing adventures of a Yankee schoolteacher in the Union Army.
JANUARY-MAY, 1864: While Freeman Colby recovers his health in a D.C. hospital, the war works unforeseen changes all around him…. Featuring the stories of schoolteachers & bricklayers, radicals & refugees, nurses & politicians – Drawn from their actual diaries, letters, sketchbooks, & more!
- 25 JAN 2023 = On-Sale Date LAUNCH EVENT @ Concord, NH!
- OCT. 2022: Production Timeline + Final Print Proofs!…
- SEPT. 2022: Front cover sneak-peeks + Vol. 3 Sources
- SUMMER 2022: Building the book…
- MAY 2022: KICKSTARTER = Funded (Thanks, Backers!)
- SPRING 2022: Page artwork completed!
[PREVIEW ARCHIVE >>]
- 2020-2022: Drawing & researching… (Thanks, Patrons!)
- FALL 2019: Vol. 3 Research Roadtrip to DC & Virginia >>
All the preview pages, source notes, & special features…
A few of my historical “collaborators”…
Building characters & storylines from multiple primary sources…
Check out this growing list of videos demonstrating Marek’s stick-figure historical cartooning approach… Then try drawing your own!
All artwork ©2022 Marek Bennett
All rights reserved. No portion of this book (except small portions for review or non-commercial purposes) may be reproduced in any form without written permission from the artist.