The “Quarter-Fold” format creates an 8-page book out of a single sheet of paper by folding (& eventually cutting & stapling).
TOOLS: Paper (any size), pencil, scissors, stapler.
SAMPLE 1/4-FOLD MINIS:
– How to Create Comics
– Build Your Own 8-Page Mini
Set up & draw | Build a Master | Printable Templates | Fold+Staple+Cut
SET UP & DRAW:
Here’s how to set up a blank 8-page QUARTER-FOLD mini:
BUILD A “MASTER COPY”:
After drawing your artwork:
“Build Your Own 8-Page Mini”
- Draw your artwork on 8 separate (full-size) pages.
- Follow this video guide to shrink your artwork on a copier & build a “master” copy of your mini:
PRINTABLE DIRECTIONS >>
Thanks to my PATRONS for making these instructions possible!
To set up printable files using your scanned artwork, download & adapt the layouts below.
8 PAGES (TALL):
8 PAGES (WIDE):
Print/copy double-sided, then fold+staple+cut.
RECOMMENDED: Print test copy (& make sure the pages line up correctly) before printing multiple copies!
“FOLD+STAPLE+CUT” YOUR FINAL COPIES:
Once your copies are made, it’s time to Fold+Staple+Cut your books:
+ Draw your artwork on separate sheets & shrink to fit!
+ Move pages around as you build the book.
+ Scaleable to more pages: 16, 24, 32, etc. ! (Also to 12, 20, 28, etc. … with a small trick.)
– Be careful about drawing on BOTH sides of the paper… If your ink will bleed through, you’re better off drawing each side on separate sheets!
– Requires a stapler.
– Requires more steps @ a copier/printer.