To set up a VIDEO COMICS WORKSHOP, first CONTACT Marek to set up a date. Then we’ll get connected on your preferred video conferencing platform…
Find marekbennett on:
VIDEO CLASS PARAMETERS:
- 1-40 students (depending partly on your space & AV technology)
- 30-60 minutes per class
- SUGGESTED: Test contact ~1 week before date (in case we need to address any tech issues)
VIDEO CLASS MENU:
Our session can involve any of the following options:
A) BEFORE THE CALL:
- I’ll forward some of my work samples (for you to print, or graphic novels to share in the classroom). SEE: Books | Mini-Comics | Videos
- You forward some of your work samples (so I know what you’re working on in your classroom).
B) DURING THE CALL:
- I outline my basic techniques according to your interests & needs (page layout, panel composition, project planning, self publishing, &c.)
- I demonstrate my works in progress (this could also involve student artwork, via #2 above)
- We collaborate to start a comic — drawing 1-8 pages w/ suggestions from students (to model creative process)
- We look at samples of comics (by students, or from different historical periods & world cultures — for example, see also “Comics in World History & Cultures”)
- Q & A about comics, content, & related topics
C) FOLLOWING THE CALL:
- Follow-up Q&A (via email)
- I send you a digital file of any artwork we create during the call.
- You send me students’ resulting artwork, & I reply w/ brief comments on (a) what catches my eye, (b) notable techniques & compositions that students are using in their comics, (c) answering specific student questions, &c.
ALSO: Join my Patreon project & we’ll share our ongoing work together!